- When: 17 November 2022
- How to Join: Click the Zoom link here to Register.
The 2021/22 Human Development Report Uncertain Times, Unsettled Lives: Shaping our Future in a Transforming World finds a sharp increase in worry and anxiety over the past 20 years,stating that even before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic 1 out of 8 people suffered from a mental health disorder. During the first year of the pandemic, the global prevalence of the two major mental health disorders - anxiety and depression – increased by more than 25 percent.
The webinar Mental Wellbeing and Human Development in Uncertain Times will discuss why mental well-being is essential for human development, how it is related to the challenges of the
Anthropocene, and which policies are needed to improve mental well-being around the world. Join us!
- Pedro Conceição, Director of the Human Development Office, UNDP
- Florence Baingana, Regional Advisor, Mental Health and Substance Abuse, World Health Organization
- Andrew Crabtree, Adjunct Associate Professor, Copenhagen Business School
- Christina Lengfelder, Research Specialist, Human Development Report Office, UNDP
- Sofia Ribeiro, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer, Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Priyam Saraf, Senior Economist, World Bank
- Mariana Sáenz Uribe, Director, Corporación Vínculos
- Josefin Pasanen, Research Team, Human Development Report Office, UNDP